Rubicon is a confidential service for young people who are facing addiction problems that are affecting their lives.
We offer a Specialist Youth, Alcohol and/or Other Drug Counselling, Co-Existing Problems (CEP) support services working with young people, aged 11 - 19 years.
Through a wide range of counselling and support services, tailored to suit each individual person, Rubicon works to help the young person change their lives for the better.
- A mobile outreach service in high schools in the Whangarei, Kaipara Districts and Far North Region.
- Community based counselling service for young people not at school.
The following values underpin all Rubicon Youth Alcohol or Drug Support Services Activities:
- Youth Participation
- Client Focused
- Strength Based
Aims and Objectives
- Alcohol or other drug related harm
- Youth offending
To encourage youth to:
- Remain in educational settings
- Be alcohol and drug free
To support young people to:
- Make and maintain healthy lifestyle choices
- Have emotional well being and lifestyle balance
- Empowering youth to make informed decisions